My mom’s response to my first-ever blog post: “Great start for your blog Mere! Will there also be recipes? Bahaha, I crack myself up!”
What can I say? She knows me.
I have zero cooking skills. In all honesty, I’ve only master one skill surrounding the science. It’s what I like to call, “dodging the cooking bullet.” Example: *Collect all ingredients to begin meal. *Cook noodles *Come up with something VERY important to do instead of cook the meat *Say things like “Ohhh, shoot! I completely forgot I need to take the laundry out of the dryer right now. Daniel, can you take care of the chicken?” If it was acceptable to eat salad and sweet potatoes every night, I would die happy.
There is one exception: The power breakfast sandwich. So delicious and so easy. It has just the right amount of carbs and protein to keep me going through a long run but doesn’t weigh me down.
What you’ll need:
- 2 egg whites
- Feta cheese
- Hummus (I love Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus)
- Sandwich Round or Bagel Thin
Got everything? Good!
1. Scramble the egg whites. When the eggs are almost done, toss in some feta cheese. I like to use a few spoonfuls. WHY IS FETA CHEESE SO GOOD?!
Hmm. This doesn’t look very appealing. I swear it’s good. Next goal: work on photography skills.
2. Toast the sandwich round. When done, spread some hummus onto each side.
3. Throw the eggs, spinach and avocado on top of the hummus and bread, and you have yourself a yummy sandwich!
Enjoy! Have a great Saturday! XO
Happy Sunday! Hope everyone is enjoying this heat wave of a weekend. You go, Illinois!
Saturday morning, I attended my first 1.5 hour Computrainer session. I came home from class exhausted. I had tired muscles (and a bruised bum, of course) and knew I needed to give my body some protein if I wanted to survive Sunday’s workouts.
I’ve never been a fan of red meat, and even chicken and turkey are a stretch these days. Protein shakes are a great alternative for those of us that dislike the common sources of protein but l.o.v.e. chocolatey delicious milkshakes. (Everyone?) Without further adieu, I present to you the world’s best protein shake:
Only 6 Ingredients. Now that’s my kind of meal!
- 1 cup Almond Milk; 30 calories
- 1/2 frozen banana; 50 calories
- 6 – 8 ice cubes
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter; 95 calories
- 1 tsp. hershey’s cocoa; 10 calories
- 1/2 -1 scoop chocolate protein; 75 calories (may be more pending your choice of protein)
Total Calories: 260
We found the MuscleTech Phase 8 protein through online reviews. It’s a leaner protein, 1 scoop is 150 calories, and it’s delicious! It’s a generous size scoop, so I tend to only use 1/2 of a scoop. However, I do throw in more after a tough workout.
Once you have all the ingredients, toss them into a blender and mix until the ice cubes and bananas are fully blended. Then enjoy!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend! XO