This past week, I threw myself a real pity party. Ever have one of those weeks, where nothing major happens, but everything seems to be a big fat disaster?
Yesterday, as I embarked on my first run in the sunshine and slightly ABOVE FREEZING temperatures, my outlook changed. Two miles in, I deemed March 7 to be the best day ever. (Confession- This is my first outdoor run in a long time. I have such respect for all of you brave, winter marathon training souls!)
I started to think about how cool it is that such little things can bring so much joy in life. Then, I made a list of the
random awesome things that make me happy:
1. Long runs with my CARA group: Waking up at 4:50 every Saturday morning from June-October doesn’t seem ideal, but my running friends make it worth the wake up call! We’ve had more laughs before 7am than most people have in a day.
2. Summertime: No snow, less layers, more sun and way more fun. There’s a little beach club in my hometown that we frequent in the summer. Nothing makes me happier than floating around on a pontoon boat all darn day.
3. Spending time with family/friends: Life would be far less enjoyable without them. Fun fact- My mom and her sister married brothers, so I have 3 cousins at every family gathering. If that’s not awesome, I don’t know what is!
4. Adventures: Last year, I surprised Daniel with skydiving for his birthday, and we had a blast. I love a good adrenaline rush!
5. Shark Week: Don’t even rain on my pity party parade and tell me it’s not real.
6. Sweets, all the sweets: Frozen yogurt, ice cream, chocolate, I don’t discriminate.
7. Pup pics: Daniel if you’re reading this, there is no underlying I want a puppy meaning.
8. THIS Video
9. Vacation: Disconnecting from work and life for a few days is so refreshing.
10. Cubs Games: Win or lose, the beer is always cold.
11. When you ‘like’ my blog posts (shameless. plug.)
“Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you will look back and realize they were the big things”
What makes you happy?