My mom’s response to my first-ever blog post: “Great start for your blog Mere! Will there also be recipes? Bahaha, I crack myself up!”
What can I say? She knows me.
I have zero cooking skills. In all honesty, I’ve only master one skill surrounding the science. It’s what I like to call, “dodging the cooking bullet.” Example: *Collect all ingredients to begin meal. *Cook noodles *Come up with something VERY important to do instead of cook the meat *Say things like “Ohhh, shoot! I completely forgot I need to take the laundry out of the dryer right now. Daniel, can you take care of the chicken?” If it was acceptable to eat salad and sweet potatoes every night, I would die happy.
There is one exception: The power breakfast sandwich. So delicious and so easy. It has just the right amount of carbs and protein to keep me going through a long run but doesn’t weigh me down.
What you’ll need:
- 2 egg whites
- Feta cheese
- Hummus (I love Sabra Roasted Pine Nut Hummus)
- Sandwich Round or Bagel Thin
Got everything? Good!
1. Scramble the egg whites. When the eggs are almost done, toss in some feta cheese. I like to use a few spoonfuls. WHY IS FETA CHEESE SO GOOD?!
2. Toast the sandwich round. When done, spread some hummus onto each side.
3. Throw the eggs, spinach and avocado on top of the hummus and bread, and you have yourself a yummy sandwich!
Enjoy! Have a great Saturday! XO