I had the best intentions of making ‘Monday Motivation’ a thing. But then I fell asleep, sitting straight up, with my computer in my lap. Monday + Life: 1, Meredith: 0
I thought I’d share some recent adventures that have motivated me to get my booty in shape…
- Volunteering at a half marathon, in the frigid month of January, can actually be fun. On Saturday, I volunteered at the F^3 Half Marathon with my running friend, Christine. The sun was shining (whaaat?!), and it wasn’t unbearably cold. We rocked the mile 4/10 Gatorade station and screamed words of encouragement to the 2,500 runners. (It appears cheerleading was good for something!) There was the cutest 5-year-old in our group. I’m pretty sure he now holds the record for most Gatorade given out in one race (although he dropped about as many cups as he handed out due to his little mittens). Even the fast runners slowed a bit to say hello and take the drink he was offering. It was so darn cute. We received lots of ‘thank yous’ from runners as they passed, and it made volunteering in the cold well worth it. The event made me miss racing like crazy (c’mon spring!), and I rekindled my friendship with the treadmill on Sunday.
- I’ve fallen in love and found my newest obsession. In this post, I shared my interest in Computrainer class, a cycling class that allows you to train on your actual bike. I’ve now survived two classes and already feel much more confident on my bike. I know that I’m getting stronger with each class, making it worth every penny. It appears cycling is a male dominated sport, as I’ve been the only gal in class both times. Sadly, this makes it really hard to
avoid coming in last placewin the race. I’m coming for ya next time, bros!
- I can’t move my arms. Or my shoulders. Or my back. The fiancé and I decided to do some strength training on Sunday. I’m such a sucker for cardio that I avoid weights at all costs. He’s been hounding me to change my ways, and I think it’s finally working. (Only took a few years.) Here’s a quick back/bicep workout. We did 3 sets x 10 reps of each exercise:
- Pull-ups (on weight-assisted machine)
- Deltoid Flies (on Deltoid Fly machine)
- Lat Pulldowns (on Lat Pulldown machine)
- Lower Back Extensions (on Low Back Extension Machine). I held a 25lb weight, but increase/decrease weight as necessary
Onto another week of running, riding and strength training.
Thanks for reading! XO